We offer very responsive email support during business hours (we're based in Queensland) as well as live chat. We don't have a big support team, but they are dedicated to helping you out when you have questions or issues that need to be resolved. Sometimes if things get busy, the whole team chips in to help out.
Phone support isn't offered because we truly believe that it wouldn't be possible to provide the same effective help over the phone. There are several reasons why:
- A key skill of a great support person is the ability to multitask and help out more than 1 person at once. This isn't possible if you are tied up on the phone
- Nobody likes waiting in endless call queues and neither do we
- We want you to contact someone who can help straight away and not be passed from 1 person to another
- Sometimes we need screenshots to identify an issue. If you use our ticket system it automatically tells us what page you are on and sends other useful information to us.
- We can immediately see any past history when you use our email support, helping us to diagnose issues more quickly
- Every time you contact us it is logged in our system so our developers can learn how to make the system better if repeated issues arise
- Likewise, we can use the data gathered in our ticketing system to make improvements to the product wherever we see a gap in functionality
- Every support ticket helps build our knowledge on how you use the system and provides valuable information that we can document
Hopefully the above reasons explain why we don't offer phone support. The best ways to contact support are:
- Using the help widget found at the bottom right of every page when you are logged into Pinch
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We know that sometimes getting told to email support sounds like you are going to get lost into the abyss however at Pinch we are always 100% committed to providing reliable and responsive Australian support for all of our merchants.