IMPORTANT: To use Pinch with QuickB2B and Xero you will need to already have a a QuickB2B account and a Xero account. This guide will show you how to create a Pinch account and connect it to your QuickB2B account in conjunction with your Xero account.
STEP 1: Creating a Pinch account and connecting to Xero
- Go to https://getpinch.com.au
- Click Get Pinch from the top menu
- Click the Connect button under the Xero header
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, choose a Password, tick the box confirming you have read and agree to the Merchant Service Agreement, and then click Register.
- Enter the Username and Password for your existing Xero account and click Log In (you will be asked in the following step to allow Pinch access to this Xero account so we can sync payments and settlements for you).
- Click Allow Access to approve Pinch's access to your Xero account so we can sync payments and settlements for you.
- Enter the Account Name, BSB, and Account Number for your physical Bank Account that you would like Pinch to deposit your funds into. Then enter your Driver Licence or Passport Number, Birth Day, Birth Month, Birth Year, and click Confirm.
- Choose which Invoice Branding Themes in Xero should work with Pinch (we recommend linking all Branding Themes), then click Next
- Choose which Xero Bank Account Pinch should enter Settlements entries into for reconciliation purposes (ensure the Xero Bank Account that you choose here matches the physical Bank Account you entered back in Step 7). Upload a Logo to appear on Pinch Payment Pages (this step is optional, and then click Finish.
- Once the setup is complete you will land back on the Pinch Dashboard page, where you can head to the Documents page to upload Documents to fully verify your Pinch account (this can be done at a later stage but is required before Pinch settles processed funds to you).
STEP 2: Connecting your QuickB2B account to Xero
* If you have already connected your QuickB2B account to Xero you can skip this step and go to the final Step 3.
- Log into your QuickB2B account.
- Click the XERO icon from the top menu.
- Click the Connect to Xero button
- Enter the Username and Password for your existing Xero account and click Log In (you will be asked in the following step to allow QuickB2B access to this Xero account so they can communicate to your Xero account).
- Click Allow Access to approve QuickB2B's access to your Xero account so they can communicate to your Xero account for you.
- Once access between QuickB2B and Xero is approved, you will have the option of importing different settings from your Xero account to your QuickB2B account (this step is optional).
STEP 3: Connecting your QuickB2B account to Xero
- Log into your QuickB2B account.
- Hover over Settings in the top menu and then click Admin Settings from the submenu dropdown.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Admin Settings page and locate the Merchant Account Settings section. You will be adding in some information into these fields in the following steps.
- Log back into your Pinch account and click on Integrations from the left menu and then click on Enable QuickB2B from the Connect to QuickB2B option.
- Once you see the green banner saying Successfully updated the status of QuickB2B, locate the API Keys section on the page. You will be copying the Merchant ID, Secret Key, and Publishable Key into the Merchant Account Settings section of your QuickB2B account settings in the next step.
- Copy the Merchant ID, Secret Key, and Publishable Key from Pinch into the matching fields in the Merchant Account Settings section of your QuickB2B account settings. Ensure Live More is set to On, and then click Save.
- When you see blue banner saying You Settings Have Been Updated, the integration between QuickB2B and Pinch is complete.
Now that you have successfully linked your Pinch account and Xero account to your QuickB2B account, you are ready to start accepting payments for your QuickB2B orders using Pinch that sync directly into Xero for easy reconciliation.
Check out these Articles for how to process different types of payments through QuickB2B using Pinch:
- How-to Article | Taking Payments for Retail Orders in QuickB2B
- How-to Article | Taking Payments for Wholesale Orders in QuickB2B